Friday, January 2, 2009

One more week...

I went to the doctor today (my last appointment, Yea!!) and I am still only about 1 cm dilated, but "this kid is MUCH lower" (my midwife's exact words), which I already knew-I think her head is directly on my bladder!!  I am 60-70% effaced.  I still don't think she will come early (this is an exact replay of how it went with Elliot, except I was more dilated with Elliot and he wasn't born early), but I feel totally fine with being induced in this scenario.  I'm actually not wanting her to come early now because my mom and dad are coming up on Thursday, and I would rather not have to make other arrangements for the kids if I don't have to.  Ray went with me today and he jokingly said "so she shouldn't be shoveling the driveway anymore?"  I don't think she really got it at first because she gave him the strangest look :)  I assured her that I'm not doing any shoveling!!  Anyway, all is well except that I'm having trouble sleeping, it is a whole production turning from one side to the other but the side I am sleeping on goes numb after a couple hours!!  I also keep waking up at around 4:30 everyday, unable to go back to sleep.  I guess my body is just getting itself ready to have a newborn in the house!  Here is a picture of my HUGE belly at 39 weeks...
I just had to include this totally unrelated picture of Elliot.  He is KILLING me with his cherubic little face-those big blue puppy dog eyes and big red lips!!  He is such a handsome little boy!!


6 comments:

David and Debby said...

elliot is adorable, and your stomach is not THAT big, i mean, you are 39 weeks pregnant. can't wait to see her!!!

abbynormal said...

And the boy can DANCE, too! Watch out, I see trouble on the horizon for that one. And I have to vouch with mom - I can only see a teeny bit of your legs in that pic, but you can tell that most of that stomach is baby. I bet if you took a picture facing forward, it'd be hard to tell. Have you been working out?? :o)

Crystal said...

I think you look wonderful and enviable for getting ready to have a baby. In fact, you are incredible! I want to wish you good luck Friday, you are really well-prepared and I am so excited for the new baby girl to join your family. It really is pretty exciting.

Best of luck! I am excited to see photos of the new baby!

Trev and Shan said...

You look great Becky! I'm excited to see pics of the new addition. Good luck!!

Erin said...

I love how the dr. didn't get Ray's joke. Can't wait to see pictures of the new baby girl.

We've promised Mike's parents a trip to come see them this summer in Oregon and we hope to make Spokane a pitstop. I will keep you posted because it would be fun to see all of you.

rebeccaV said...

Erin, that would be so fun to see you guys!! You definitely have to plan a pit stop here!!