Saturday, March 19, 2011

Shameless Project Showoff

My friend Misty has taken our family pictures for the last 2 years. They are really good. Up until last weekend I didn't have a single one hanging up in my house. I've had this idea for a picture wall in my head for about a year. The only problem was that really long shelves are REALLY expensive, ala pottery barn. About 6 months ago I found this tutorial for picture ledges. Truly easy enough for even me to do, promise. It cost me a little more than $10 each because I used a bit nicer wood, but still, WAY cheaper than pottery barn! So Ray and I built them (well, mostly Ray, but I stained them all by myself ;). We started them about 2 months ago. They were built in about an hour, but it took me forever to get them stained. Last weekend I had a baby shower at my house and that gave me the motivation I needed to finally finish! It turned out better than I even imagined. I LOVE it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The finished product. It's the first thing you see when you walk in the front door. I love it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

10 comments:

Onica said...

I love them. I've been wanting to make some for ages. I'm going to wait though. Yours are awesome.

Kristi Rowley said...

I LOVE THEM! They look so good!

Kristi said...

I love em too! So cool, Bec.!

Molly said...

Good job guys. We have similar shelving on the landing where our stairs turn. Honestly I like yours better though. We're cheap-skates too so we made them as well. I get compliments on them everytime someone sees them. We have random frames of colors and design but now I'm thinking it might be cool to have the same color like you.s
PS I wasn't implying you guys are cheapskates like us.Just "frugal", right?

abbynormal said...

It is absolutely appropriate to show off your awesomeness. It looks fantastic.

The Wynn Family said...

I loooove it!!

David and Debby said...

All that, and perfectly level too. I taught you well.
Dad

Crystal said...

Truly fantastic! I love the pictures, the frames and the shelves. What a fantastic project.

Leslie said...

We need to do something like that!! We have hardly any photos up in our house. I'm going to show Alex, and maybe he'll get motivated. ;-) Love it!

David and Debby said...

great shelf, becky. what a good husband to help you. darling children in those photos, too. wish they were here right now--you too.